Training Plan

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gunnison Valley Spring Run-off

This race was a great little get-a-way for Jan and I this weekend. The predicted weather for this race did not look good, rain and snow. When we arrived at the Gunnison Rose Inn Bed & Breakfast it was very cloudy - threatening rain. We checked in, the place smelled like fresh baked cookies and they were in the common area for the guests. Jan and I headed up to our room, the Lodge Room, and then unpacked and laid out all our race gear.

There were two other couples staying at the B&B for the race. We all met in the common area and had a nice conversation about running. One couple was from Ogden and the other from Rexburg, Idaho. Jan and I were setting up his Garmin display so that it would be ready for race day. We all left together to go to the free dinner provided by the race. It was a spaghetti dinner with salad, bread, jello and cookies. At our table 2 of us were running the half marathon, 1 running the full marathon, and 3 running the 10K. 

Race morning when we woke up I was extremely happy when I looked out the window and saw no rain or snow. I'd brought a varied selection of running clothes because of the uncertainty of the weather, so now it was time to choose what I was going to wear for the run. I wanted to be careful not to overdress because I get hot when I run. With this type of weather I spend time second guessing, not wanting to be cold either. I ended up getting it right. Pink short sleeve shirt with black arm warmers,
Thanks to all who helped make the Spring Run-Off such a great success in 2012!

2012 Gunnison Marathon Race Results
 
Half 78 333 Christy Flowers 2:32:29
10K 9 379 Andy Flowers 0:58:14
10K 33 374 Jan Monson 1:29:08
Full 177 Darrin Nelson 5:08:22
Half 79 306 Marsha Monson 2:38:10
10K 20 363 Kristin Nelson 1:10:18

No comments: