Training Plan

Friday, November 11, 2011

Run October

October, a training month to prepare for my upcoming Marathon Maniac goal, had 2 scheduled races: SoJo Marathon & Ragnar. And what did it morph into? Well when it was over I thought to myself wow, in October I ran 3 half marathons and the Ragnar Relay. I might have laughed until I peed my pants if a year ago you would have told me that I would do this.
Here is what happened. I realized that to become a MM I only had to run the last 2 marathons I signed up for because they are so close together. Sooooooo I wimped out of SoJo marathon and took it down to a half.
Cyndie was doing a triathlon the first weekend so when the Pink Series Park City Half Marathon website came back up with openings I decided to sign up. Training and all girl and Park City.... it had all the right ingredients. What I did not count on was the extreme exposure to cold before the race. My legs were cold and stinging for the first 4 miles. Slowed me down. Almost stopped me.  Time: 3:02:09


Next up was the SoJo which I had cut back to a half. Beautiful October day, cool but since I was dropped off at the start there was no time for my legs to get cold. Running good. Hill work paid off. I got a PR this race. I was happy with my performance. Time:  2:30:27


I was so excited about the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay. No sleep. Running in the heat. Running with a great team. More hills than I thought possible. But I completed it. Running with Neal. Saints & Sinners medal. Very cool.


Finally my fourth race was last minute sign up because who doesn't want to dress up in a costume and run the Provo Halloween Half Marathon. A totally cool event. Extreme downhill, I took it easy. So it wasn't my best time....but this was for training and fun. Time:  2:40:10


It was a running month to be proud of. I am a runner.

No comments: