Training Plan

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Purple Day 5K


This race was one Jan and I decided to do because it was in support of epilepsy awareness, so we wanted to run in support of Alicia. Also a friend, Shanna Wilkinson, who also has epilepsy.
They had some fun shirts for sale at the race.

Getting ready for wearing purple was fun. I decided to make a purple skirt to wear for the run. Found a flashy piece of material at Hancock Fabrics and this is how it turned out.
Jan & Marsha purple out.
Here is the morning in pictures:
Me and Harley, he arrived by motorcycle.

There were lots of different family groups who came out in support wearing purple.
This next picture says it all. Makes me sad to see this.

 Race ready, no sweat.


Since I finished the race before Jan I was able to get pictures of him coming into the finish line. Go Jan go. Love you honey.

This was a nice, low key race. Since I like purple that made it even more fun.
Purple costume winner on right.
And who takes a first place in their age group?
Age group first place.
Stats for the Purple Day 5K


No comments: