Training Plan

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another Long Run Bites the Dust

After a late night trying to find my way through a corn maze, I had to get up and do my long run in preparation for the upcoming marathons. Cyndie was spending the day with her son Dalton, so she did her long run earlier in the week. I had to do this one all by myself. Kinda lonely. Not the funnest thing I can think of to do. I decided to set no alarm and just get up whenever I woke up. So I slept, and got a later start than I would have wanted. Oh well, give myself a little more heat work for Ragnar @ 75 degrees plus.
A good long run that Coach Cyndie showed me is running across the valley from Copperton on the west side near the Oquirrh Mountains over to Riverton. A gradual downhill, it helps. I hid a couple of water bottles on my way over. Saw lots and lots of runners already out doing their miles.
Right before I stopped to park I saw a beautiful, huge four point buck. Nice. When I got over to the Copperton Park, I was still short about 3 miles of the 18 total I wanted to run. I decided to run around the park and through it to add 1 mile. After running the mile around the park I set out on my journey. There was quite a bit of road construction taking place in the west, and actually I think the drivers are more cautious around the orange barrels and another plus: there are porta potties along the road. And a the beginning of a run I always need these. Bonus.
I had made a new playlist for my Ipod and this is what I listened too. Run 2 Walk 1. Across the valley I go. Yes it got warm. Elevation change: Gain 239 Loss 1403 (In running a elevation LOSS is good.)
Too bad I wasn't able to go to garage sales - I sure passed what looked like some good ones. My moving time for this run was 4:01:05. Here is the nice part, 1,642 calories burned.
Total Distance: 18:02
After I got home, had a shower and lunch Jan was a sweetheart and took me back so I could get my car. Thanks honey.

No comments: