Training Plan

Monday, October 3, 2011

Coming Up This Week - Pink Half Marathon


Run Like A Girl
Even my favorite online dog Arfie, from dogpile.com celebrates the fight against breast cancer. To help with the fight I have entered the Pink Series Park City Half Marathon. I will be the one wearing pink. Ha ha. And looking at the weather forecast I may have some black leg warmers on too. Since the race will be run on part gravel trails I will be wearing my trail running shoes - luckily they are the ones with pink laces.
I am excited to run this race, not only is it for the most part downhill, they advertise that they have 10 male pacers from Utah Race Pacers, several EMT/firemen on the course on bikes to offer emergency help if needed, and at the finish line - men all decked out in suits they call the Fab 4. Should be fun. Plus my own special sweetheart will be at the finish line to cheer me in! What could be better than that.
When I go to events that support breast cancer I like to honor my family and friends who have battled and won the fight, and those who passed after fighting valiant fights against this terrible disease.
This year I will be running in Memory of:
Grandma Gathe
Colleen Anderson
Katherine Larson
and in Celebration of:
Nancy Berry
Mony Likes
Debbie Lean
Jeanne Nixon


No comments: