Training Plan

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day at Lagoon

What do you like to do after a half marathon? My first choice would not be a long day at Lagoon but that was what was planned for my day. Jan was invited to join his former employer Chevron at the annual summer party. So when I got home from the half marathon I got in the shower, got cleaned up and soon was ready for a day at Lagoon.
Karlie and Jonathan.
We arrived at the park about 11:30am, parked and walked over to the pavilion that Chevron had reserved. Lunch was being served at noon so we decided to wait for that. This gave Jan a chance to visit with his former work friends. I took the opportunity to sit. I decided to wear my Garmin to track my walking (I forgot sometimes) but mostly to see what it did on rides. I should have pushed a lap button for the rides but didn't think of that until after the fact. 
Playing Bingo.
I wore my race shirt and finisher medal. It was funny when we came in the gate this girl noticed my shirt and commented, I looked at her and she was wearing one too! I must not be too crazy if I'm not the only one.
Jan my man, a mean Bingo player.
Soon Lagoon was serving lunch. I was hungry. Chicken, potato & pasta salad, cookies and lemonade. Jan was not as kind to his body. Hamburger on bun, hotdog on bun, chicken & pasta salad, and cookies. I guess back on the healthy diet tomorrow. My goal for next year at the Chevron picnic: "Jan, is that you? You look great!"
After lunch was Bingo time. We got to choose our cards, I set myself up with two. We made it through one game before the PA system broke. After getting tired of waiting for them to fix it, I went out to ride a couple of rides. Jan stayed to finish Bingo.
Me on the Bombora.
I decided to go looking for the new ride for 2011 - Bombora. It ended up being a family friendly roller coaster. I decided to try it out and see if it was possible Jan could ride it without getting motion sick. I thought it was great. Fun but not extreme. I was lucky and got to ride in the front. Loved the smooth ride and the music.
Me on The Bat.
Next I went on the Bat. It wasn't as fun as I remember from the last time we came. It was very rough on my head. It threw it back and forth and I didn't like that. I even tried holding my head back against the seat but that didn't work. This picture was a before smile, this ride even upset my stomach a bit. I was surprised and decided it might be because I was tired.
Jan & Marsha hanging on the Sky Ride.
After this I met up again with Jan, Karlie and Jonathan. We went to the Sky Ride. It was overcast and I like this ride. Relax, look around, take pictures, kissing. Lots of fun.
We spent a lot of time in Pioneer Village. I have never before actually looked at all the shops. Had an Italian Ice at the ice cream store. Then off to Bombora to get Jan on a roller coaster.
Jan, Marsha & Jonathan on the Bombora.
Jan enjoyed it! 50 seconds of fun! After the (3) tight turns Jan said he was seeing double. But before he had time to get motion sick the ride was over! Success. This made my day. It was just great to see him experience a little of the thrill I get on a roller coaster. Although, I am not a huge coaster fan, I like ones that aren't too thrilling on my stomach. My favorite, California Screamin'.
What a fun day at Lagoon.
Walking stats for Lagoon:
2.23 miles
fastest pace 1:08 minute mile (helps to be on a roller coaster)

No comments: