Training Plan

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pioneer Day Bike Ride

My favorite of Jan's Days of 47 parade pictures.
What a beautiful morning for a bike ride, 66 degrees and overcast. As Jan headed downtown Salt Lake for the Days of 47 Parade, I took to the relatively traffic free streets thanks to the pioneer holiday. No particular destination in mind, just a loop of some sort.
I first headed north on the Jordan River Parkway to South Jordan, then turned east and headed up 11400 South to Draper. Once in Draper I went southeast and headed towards Draper Park to ride on the Draper Canal Trail and the Porter Rockwell Trail. I was trying to get a better feel for where they intersected each other. After riding a ways on each I looped up and took the Porter Rockwell Trail all the way to the point of the mountain. The trail ends there, at the cement plant, and if you want to go into Lehi then riding the frontage road is the only option.
I took the frontage rode down. I was glad there was no traffic at the moment. The wind was quiet strong and since it was a sidewind? (I'm not sure if that is the right term) it was like it might push me over. I took the frontage road until I could head west towards Bluffdale. Soon on the other side of the freeway I took the Pony Express road then wound my way trying to find a road to connect with the Jordan River Parkway, but the one I took didn't go down far enough. Instead of backtracking to the one I passed that I knew connected I headed towards IKEA, cruised around there a bit and then headed for home.
Jan got a picture of President Monson,
not easy with the car and all the bodyguards.
Stats for the ride:



Summary
Overall
Time:02:10:18
Distance:25.23 mi
Elevation Gain:688 ft
Calories:497 C
Timing
Time:02:10:18
Moving Time:02:02:43
Elapsed Time:02:10:18
Avg Speed:11.6 mph
Avg Moving Speed:12.3 mph
Max Speed:26.5 mph
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Gain:688 ft
Elevation Loss:675 ft
Min Elevation:4,285 ft
Max Elevation:4,727 ft
Heart Rate
Avg HR:118 bpm
Max HR:151 bpm
Zones
% of Max
bpm

1 comment:

Tink said...

You got your heart rate higher on your bike ride than you do when you run.