Training Plan

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tour de Donut: Before the race

Happy Birthday Marsha. It was a difficult decision on what competition to enter today, I was looking at a triathlon with a canoe for the water part and a half marathon in Bryce Canyon.... but I decided I wanted to bike for my birthday so I entered the Tour de Donut. I have wanted to ride in this for a couple of years. I like biking and I like donuts. BTW I will be eating glazed donuts from Macey's. They make good donuts, I've always liked the fact that they are large. I don't know if I will like that fact today though. 3 minutes off my overall time for each one I eat. If I make 4 it will be quite an accomplishment. I am really not much at all on eating contests, although my cousin Lorelei and I had a pancake eating contest when we were young at Uncle Leo's house. Can't remember who won. I think it will be fun to see others really go for the donuts. I saw one technique in a video where they smash 3 on top of each other and ate them like a donut sandwich! I wonder how fast I can pedal with a sugar high?
I got my gear ready yesterday. I'm going to wear my pink braids and cape, cancer sucks! socks & my Infinite Cycle jersey since they are a sponsor. The pink is in support of the Huntsman Cancer Institute. The event is also donating money to Biketown Africa. So the high entry fee is going to good causes.




They have a really cool jersey for the ride, but it has to be purchased at the ride today or this week and it will be coming from Italy but won't arrive for 8 weeks. Guys, why Italy? It would have been nice to have it for the event. The ride starts at 9am, with a special memorial lap at 8:40 for Brynn who was killed in a hit and run while riding her bike. I will be there early so I can be checked in and ride this lap too. (Help build hunger for donuts.)


They are including a tech shirt with the ride today, it has a cool pink donut on the back that a biker just rode through. Should be a fun morning. Well it is almost 5:30am. Do you know where your friend Cyndie is? Hmmmm. Probably just about ready to run lots of miles this morning. I am going to miss her for my birthday ride.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Super cute shirt. I still don't know how many doughnuts you ate. lol I saw Paula riding her bike today while I was running. I also saw ponytail guy. I stopped him and asked his name. (Rob) I hope it was a great birthday ride.