Training Plan

Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom Run


Sometimes it pays off seeing what your friends are doing on facebook. As I was getting ready to go to bed I decided to read friends status. And that is when I saw that Liz had two family members who couldn't run the Freedom Run in Provo in the morning. Just like that I was running in the morning! I rushed all around the house gathering my stuff to run. I think I made it to bed about 10:20pm. Had to set my alarm for 4:55 because I needed to be at Liz's a little before 6am.
Of course I woke up at 4:45....before my alarm. This gave me a few extra minutes so that I had time to cook my eggs & English muffin to put in a baggie and eat on my way. I got to Orem on time and then we went to Liz's parents house to pick up her mom, sister and niece. It was nice of her dad to follow us to the race end where we parked the car and he shuttled us to the start line a few blocks away.
Ready to run the Freedom Run.
Looks like I didn't get the the red, white and blue memo.
Liz was running 1:1 to help her friend Kim through her first 5K. I started out running with Liz and doing the 1:1. It was a nice cloudy morning and so I to just run. It wasn't too long and I caught up with Marilyn, Liz's mom and so I ran with her. I had a nice run with her.
Marilyn and Marsha, 5K finishers.
Near the end of the run she needed a walk break and so I just ran it. Thanks Liz and the Thomsen family for letting me run with you.
Here we are with our finisher medals.
Race Stats: 11:58 pace, chip time 37:06:18, gun time 38:53:95.



Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:37:223.1311:56
100:12:121.0012:12
200:11:271.0011:28
300:12:031.0012:03
400:01:380.1312:32

After the race we went back to Liz's house where I was able to change clothes. Then I headed to Provo where they had all the vendors for the Freedom Festival. I was able to see and hear some of the parade. Mostly I went looking for some cute flowers and hair ribbons for Cyndie and I to wear in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. Had my nails and toes done with polish and glitter. Then I had to walk around barefoot for a while so they could dry. I had a nice 4th of July morning.

No comments: