Training Plan

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beat the Blizzard


Looks like Utah is in for a blizzard. Many activities canceled for the evening. Someone in the weather department is really trying to challenge me. No canceling of the run today. So off work a little early to get it done before the storm (and hair appointment - critical since I am using photos). In agility it was pictures of the dog, sooooo much easier. They were always cute!

This is my training run for Thanksgiving morning. Decided I needed a running buddy, so since Tinkerbell's agility class was canceled she got picked. Today's temp 41 degrees, the wind again from the north about 20-30MPH - with lots of big gusts. Into the wind caused me to push pretty hard to go forward and I got a very cold face, wind at the back gave a nice push. Tink looked back several times wondering who was blowing on her butt! I was tired when we got back, Tinkerbell on the other hand got the zoomies as soon as we got home after jogging 40 minutes. So much for tiring her out.

My thoughts on the run....with such a crazy day I was thinking there must be another reason I am doing this! No one else is out running. And then I remembered- 6th grade and the President's Physical Fitness Award. I qualified in everything except the One-Mile Run. I remember getting two chances. I know my second try was very close to the time. I did not get the award. I was crushed- I wanted it bad. So this marathon will erase the thoughts stored in my head that I can't run distance.

BTW lost my black cap to the wind. I got that cap last year on clearance. Grrrrr.

No comments: