Training Plan

Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally, first bike ride on my new bike!


Have been waiting to ride.....first it was because I had to have shoes and get my pedals installed on the bike...then because every day I had time it was a RUN day and that had to come first. This bike is sweet. And light. And pretty. I am definitely going to be faster. No one will be saying they "should give you extra points for riding that bike." I need a little time to practice shifting since I don't have the cute little number dials like on my comfort bike, now I have "big girl" SRAM shifters. And the path by the Jordan River, almost completely snow free so I cruised along enjoying the scenery. Was a cool 42 degrees and I had a couple of cold spots on me but I will figure out how to dress to make those spots warm. My first official group bike ride, Thanksgiving Day, after I run the Utah Human Race its off to Infinite Cycles and their Fight the Fat Road Ride. (Weather permitting) Running I'm going snow or shine!

1 comment:

kiwichick said...

Nice wheels. Wish I lived closer as you are inspiring me to do triathlons again :-) It would be awesome to have a training partner.