Training Plan

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday Shoe Shopping

Merry Christmas. Neal. Black Friday. 11am. Salt Lake Running Company. Took Neal to pick out his Christmas present. Quite a few people in the store checking out the sale shoes. Neal brought running shorts and superman t-shirt to change into before he tried on shoes. That's my boy. The runner/salesman watched Neal walk, then went and got him some shoes. Then with those shoes on they video recorded him running on the treadmill. Then we reviewed his footstrike, the position his foot strikes the ground with each stride. And the other two positions of his foot and leg as it leaves the ground. Salesman brought out a few more shoes for him to try on. Neal made several runs on the treadmill to get the most comfortable pair. He decided on a nice pair of Addias. Bought some inserts to help stabilize his foot. Hopefully no more looking for a rock to step on to easy the pain in his arch. A free pair of socks. And Black Friday shopping done!

BTW: I also replaced the socks a Sheltie in my house chewed a hole in. Shopping experience would have been perfect if I could have bought a pair of one sock. Now I have three. I guess on the positive side I have two to use one to loose. No, not one to chew, that doesn't rhyme.

No comments: