Training Plan

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day Two - Warm up for USAT National Challenge

Up early this morning, 4:20am to get dressed and head to the gym to swim. It is a cross-training day in my marathon schedule. Swim lasted 22:50 minutes and I swam 700 yards.

My triathlon club, Desert Sharks, is competing in the USAT National Challenge for the winter. This competition is to keep athletes motivated and active during the off season. The Challenge begins tomorrow, December 1 with swimming being the focus for December. January the focus is cycling mileage, and February running mileage. Each participating club in the USAT has its members record distances and we compete against each other.

Within our club we also have a competition to swim 8,000 yards in the month of December if we want to be entered in a special drawing. I don't know if I will make that goal or not with all the running I will be doing, but I can help the club with what I do swim each week.

Good thing 95% of my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped. House decorated. I'm going to be a busy grandma.


No comments: