Training Plan

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I've got some bruising...

Had a session yesterday with Stacey at Muscle Works. I thought that telling her that it hurt a little above my right knee probably meant nothing, and that if it did how painful could it be anyway? It was just a little sore. Well she jotted down my complaints of different sore spots (I'll bet there was a gleam in her eye I didn't notice), set aside the clipboard, had me lay down on my back and went to work on my leg. When I had a chance to talk next after moaning in pain and doing my "he he" breathing, I was able to ask what muscle is that? The quadriceps muscle. Then came the pressing on the psoas to correct the leg dragging that occurred on Day One. Not quite as brutal as the other.

This morning it was back to the gym for another run. Shorts and tank top. Still hot but I survived. No foot dragging thanks to a working psoas. Kept up a nice easy pace for 2 miles, finished in 25.02. 8 tenths of a second better than Monday. Workout really was about run for 15-30 minutes, on goal for the day.

And the bruising? dark finger spots all up and down my right leg from my massage by Stacey. I'm trying to get her back by getting her to sign up for a half-marathon. I'll let you know how that goes.


No comments: