Training Plan

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Marathon Maniac ? ? ? ? ?

Time for a serious discussion on being a Marathon Maniac. Do I really want to be one? Maybe I should restate that. Do WE want to be one Cyndie? Is that on your bucket list? Is it on mine? Sigh. It is a lot of running. Lately it jumps on the list (St. George lottery) then it jumps off after a half marathon run. We go hot and then cold. I know that sweet bike is Cyndie's problem. It is so much easier on the body and knees and really, really fun. We can work up to 100 miles!!
So back to the M A R A T H O N. Let's head right to the source to help with the decision. The Marathon Maniac page on the web:
1st Question: Are you addicted to running marathons? Well, no. But we have a friend who is, her name is Liz. (Rhymes)
2nd Question: Do your thoughts switch to the next scheduled race immediately after finishing a marathon? Well, no. They go to when is my next bike ride.
3rd Question: Do you know specifics about many of the marathons? Well, no. Is that important?
4th Question: Do you know the story of how the marathon got started? Also, why the course is 26.2 miles? Well, yes I do.
5th Question: Do you read books on marathons like Marathon And Beyond? Well, yes.
6th Question: Is www.marathonguide.com bookmarked on your computer? Well, it is now.
7th Question: Do you look at the race schedule more than once a week? Well, yes and no. I look for any race that looks fun.
8th Question: Do you start to feel down when you haven't run a marathon in a while? Well, no. I feel pretty happy that there isn't one looming close on the horizon.
9th Question: Are your closets and dressers filled with marathon t-shirts? Well, one, but there are lots of other race t-shirts.
10th Question: Do you have so many marathon medals that you've run out of room on the hook that they hang from? Well, lol, I only have one but there are a few other race medals with it.
11th Question: When asked about racing from your non running people, do you find yourself talking with great passion to the point that the person that asked the question regrets ever asking? Well, maybe.
12th Question: Have you run marathons on back to back weekends? Well, heck NO! Or better yet back to back days????? Well, is planning on the Goofy going to count against me?
13th Question: Have you run a marathon as a training run? Well, no. Or just to pace a friend? Well, no but I can see that maybe coming.
14th Question: When asked by loved ones what your plans are for the weekend, you feel guilty telling them your running another marathon so you tell them "it's only a half this weekend."? Well, no, but I do have a lot of those "halfs" planned.
15th Question: Do you plan all your vacations around a marathon race? Well, no but it's getting close to planning them around "races" in general. LOL
So the bottom line according to the Marathon Maniac website:
If you answered "YES" to Any of these questions, you just may be a Marathon Maniac!!!
So you noticed, there are some YES answers. Is that enough to commit to this? Or be committed? lol.
Why NOT?
Can you think of any other reasons Cyndie? ha ha
1. time
2. money
3. wear & tear on body

The difficult thing about doing this is that we have to decide and sign up early. It has to be planned out so that we make the criteria for the basic membership. So, for the Bronze forever level we have:
2 marathons within a 16 day time frame
3 marathons within a 90 day time frame


2 is cheaper than 3, but I was thinking that could take all the FUN right out of it. I had contemplated that before with Ogden but decided against it - I was afraid of making myself not like running.


I think I will post this and then work on race lists if I get a positive  response. I am not ready to go it alone.

2 comments:

Tink said...

I'm already up to running 2 with you.

Marsha said...

Now I just need to make myself click on a marathon entry again. This could be hard. I may need my hand held or my brain examined.