Training Plan

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wetsuit Test - Get Forgiveness

Cyndie picked up our wetsuits from Wasatch Running today for the triathlon on Saturday. We decided to take them out and try them. Really to try us out in them. Last time I rented one I got one that was too tight and I couldn't breathe. I was only at an open water clinic, but basically the swim clinic last year was a bust because of the tight suit.
So we decided on Herriman Reservoir to try them out. When we got up there after fighting a lot of traffic they were doing construction on the parking lot. There was a sign, CLOSED. That is NOT what we wanted to see. There were a lot of kids swimming so......we ignored the sign (we were feeling young) - put on our wetsuits and into the water we went. I put my Garmin first on my wrist and then Cyndie helped me put in under my swim cap, while we were in the water. First thing Cyndie was excited about was how buoyant we were in the water. This relieved a lot of her stress about the swim. Plus we were warm in the suits, we saw that we could swim - our confidence level is strong. We swam around and we were headed back in when I noticed the beach was clearing of kids. As we were getting out the cop walked over and asked if we were getting out and we said we were. He had been walking around the back of the reservoir probably trying to get our attention and get us out. We never did see that. But we happily got out because that is what we were planning anyway. Mission accomplished. Get forgiveness.... an old trick my kids loved.
Garmin says we swam .24. See you at Rockport Reservoir!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Haha, forgiveness, lol!

Tink said...

This test was in no way helpful. The water at Rockport was so much colder I could not breath. Hey Alicia I hear we are going to run Rock and Roll AZ with you again. I can't wait.