Training Plan

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Well here is my favorite computer dog, Arfie, getting some wave action. I haven't done much really this summer with water. Well, I guess I have been to the pool a few times to swim laps for triathlon training. And then the lake swim at Rockwell State Park where Cyndie and I swam that half mile gasping for air because the water was so cold and we didn't know to get in early! Oh yeah, and before that when Cyndie and I got kicked out of the Black Ridge reservoir in Herriman by the cops. Sorry officer, we saw the sign but ignored it. Did closed really mean no swimming?
Then there is the excitement of sometimes running into sprinklers while I am out running. This happens a lot in the morning hours. A few times nice people with their garden hoses have squirted me during my summer races. Fellow racers have misted me from bottles as they leaned out of the window of their vehicle during the Ragnar Relay. With the heat that always feels good. Well, and the basement flood. Unwanted water adventure where I slogged through wet carpet. One I hope not to repeat.
And now that I think about it rain water. The other day Jan and I got rained out in our attempt at a bike ride, my pants were soaked and sticking to me. Last night we got another trailer for our bikes and went to load the dogs and yes it started sprinkling so we just put everything back in the garage. Glad we did, it really started to rain and there was a lighting show too. And now I'm remembering when I got drenched by the rain on my bike in the ladies Pamperfest Rockwell Relay. That was pretty scary riding down Provo Canyon.
It's not hard to believe that I skipped the water feature at Lagoon this year, I brought my poncho but as I saw those riders coming off the River Rampage drenched it lost its appeal. I decided hot and sweaty would be more comfortable.
Looking forward to Lake Tahoe, maybe I will put my feet in the lake, see if I can get the dogs to do the same.

No comments: