Training Plan

Monday, August 8, 2011

Good Morning Walk with Jan

Jan and I went on a short walk with the doggies this morning. They were all excited to go, especially Tinkerbell who had to do some talking as we headed out. Good thing we remembered poop bags.
Jan took me on his normal route, taking me up the hills that he has been walking and around the park off Lampton View. Then I showed him the Tithing Hill road where I run with the big uphill or downhill, depending on direction traveled. Today we did it downhill. As we came out of the retirement community subdivision we saw one of Jan's friends, Randy Jones who he home teaches. Jan handed off the dogs to me, I went home and he went on morning walk 2. Yeah!!!
Jan has been trying to connect with Randy, so I was really happy he seized the opportunity to walk with him. Randy walks on the Jordan River Parkway and while walking they met Jerry Sloan, former Utah Jazz coach on the path. He lives right off the golf course in South Jordan. I guess Randy sees Jerry walking there quiet often. They said hi to him. Jan is now jazzed up for the day. 

My time for the walk 38:25  Distance 1.82 miles with an elevation gain of 155 ft. Calories burned: 149























No comments: