Training Plan

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Next Marathon Countdown Started

Time to start counting weeks until my next marathon. I have had my race countdown on the blog since I signed up, but it is time to really put the long running focus back into my thoughts. Remembering how prepared and ready I was for Ogden helps me want to follow that training commitment again.
So I am back to 2 runs for time during the week, one long run for a specified distance on the weekend (Friday or Saturday).
This week on Tuesday I start with a nice cool morning run. 6am out the door. I always try to put in a little hill work. Ran across 12300 to get to the Jordan River Parkway trail to run the golf course hill. Had a nice 4 mile workout.
Stats: Mile1: 12:59  Mile2 13:33  Mile3: 13:58  Mile4  13:39 .25Mile 3:09
Time: 57:19
Elevation gain 281 feet