Training Plan

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Down Day - Rest Day

Today was a rest day. The dogs need it before camp. Jan and Nancy say I'm wearing them out, luckily I need a rest day before race day. So today we went to craft fairs and flea markets.
First stop, a flea market on Ski Run Blvd. This is the
street I ran up earlier in the week. We each bought
something here.
Then it was back in the car and we headed for our next stop, a craft fair at the American Legion. This one was small also. Nancy and I bought something we thought would be nice at a gift exchange.
Nancy and Jan reading some fun signs.
Then we were off the the Outlet Stores at the "Y" where we knew they were having some sales, especially the big Addias outlet sale. We each found a shirt or two, and Nancy and I found some water shoes for the lake fun. At one of the outlet stores Jan was able to get some new shorts and also water shoes.
For our only meal out since we got here, we stopped at IHOP where I had chicken, potatoes & broccoli and Nancy and Jan both had breakfast. I am the only one who didn't suffer from what I ate later. And I had to be so good because of the race. It paid off.
Our last craft fair. Pretty small compared to last year.
Jan and Marsha ready for shopping.
After the craft shopping it was on to do a little shopping at the outdoor mall at Heavenly Ski Resort, which is quite near our cabin. After that we made a quick trip to the grocery store for our last minute items, then it was home to cook dinner and spend some time with the dogs at the cabin.
We decide we should capitalize on our cabin backyard photo opportunities - with dogs of course.
Enjoying the backyard swing.
L-R: Glitter, Tink, Chip, Aiden and Gizmo.
Tinkerbell
Nancy, don't look now but there is a
bear behind you.
Tink says, "Mom isn't that a bear behind us?"
Sign on back door "Wipe Yer Paws."

1 comment:

Tink said...

Jan and Nancy are going to need a vacation from your vacation. I'm glad you let them have a rest day.