Training Plan

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Running Training in Lake Tahoe

For my last training run in Lake Tahoe I chose to run on a paved bike path from the Roundhill Square Shopping Center over to the Kingsbury Grade. I drove out of Camp W to get to this run. The path is mainly rolling hills through the forest. I went when it was light, I didn’t want to run in the dark and meet any animals.
Parked my van next to Sears, right at the beginning of the path. It was a little cool so I was wearing my arm warmers. What a nice run, I just took it slow and consistent. I wanted to run all the way to the end of the bike path and find out what street it connected to on Kingsbury Grade so that I could park on the end closer to camp. When the bike path ended I ran down to the end of the street to find out the name. (Pineridge)
At the end of the street I turned around and headed back - I wanted to be to breakfast on time. So as I was running by one house near the trail I looked over on the lawn and a huge coyote was sleeping on the lawn. Boy did that startle me. It did not move and it did not look injured. And it did not wake up. When my Gymboss beeped I kept running a little further. Wish I’d had my camera but then again I don’t think I would have stopped.
Destination today was running over to the Kingsbury Grade to look for the entrance to the bike path. Didn’t find it, but running is a hard way to find something like that. I did run in some pretty neighborhoods where the houses looked like they were occupied by full-time residents.
An uneventful run, although I did see a bunny rabbit. The morning was cool, the run was nice.

No comments: