Training Plan

Saturday, December 18, 2010

First 5 Miler


The day dawned a bit warmer for the morning run, but it felt pretty cold with the south wind. When I went running it was 32.9, and actually later warmed up to 43 in the afternoon. But ya never know, I just like to get it done.

Tink and I waited for some morning light before leaving. With the slight dusting of snow on the ground our footsteps sounded crunchy. Also noticed other runners footprints, we weren't the first ones out. We headed south into the wind, running toward where we take herding lessons. I had planned on actually running to the site but some hills stopped me...don't notice them so much in the van... and I was worried about slipping.

Met a guy out walking with an unleashed German Shepherd. Tinkerbell and I had to stay in place while he tried to get a leash on it. It was actually quite comical doggie rodeo because "Rambo" wouldn't come and was staying just out of reach. I realized he was a puppy and no threat and just enjoyed the show. Tinkerbell gave him her lip curl when he kept trying to sniff her.

Today while running I thought about how warm my feet were in my smart wool running socks and wondered if Tink's feet were frozen. When we got home this time I checked them. They were cold and wet but I could tell that the movement keeps her warm like it does me. She must have smart feet.

Today's run set no speed records with the dog incident and being careful not to slip and fall.
The fastest mile was 12:27, the slowest 13:41.
Time 1:04:47.
Left leg is sore and will need some work Tuesday. That will hurt more than any run so far.

And another milestone, I ran a total of 11 miles for the week and swam 2700 yards!


And then there is little miss Tinkerbell and her zoomies. This run gave her another extreme case. Take the poll about her at the top of the blog.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

How did you hear me snoring?