Training Plan

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sick Happened

Due to over-indulgence of fatty hamburger, onions, great tasting food with milk in it and chocolate I got SICK and therefore had to miss my first training day yesterday, also missing a day of warm Arizona running. grrrrrr. I hope I learned my lesson this time. It was a painful one and I do know better. And I missed some precious time with Alicia and grandchildren, especially sweet Marley's talk in primary.

On the positive side, Jan and I were still able to make our drive home from Arizona by switching drivers often so the other could rest and snore if necessary.
I didn't hear any snoring.

This week I will be switching running to Tuesday & Thursday, with the long run still on Saturday. And I will get in a swimming day tomorrow. I felt a little weaker today and my times will show that. I am sure with some good fuel in the next few days I hope to be good as new. It sucks to have to eat good all the time. It sucks when I eat things my body does not like.

Today's run was 3 miles with a short walk home afterward. I had to bundle up again, no shorts for awhile.
Temperature was a chilly 34.7. My cute little running buddy today was Tinkerbell. She did a great job and tried to keep me moving at a quicker pace then my recovering body could do. Mile 1 11:46 > Mile 2 got worse 12:12 > and then Mile 3 was 12:21 and would have been worse had I just not pushed because I saw I was on track for 13! But I got it done and legs held out after their visit with Stacey from Muscle Works earlier in the afternoon. Another goal met.

No comments: