Training Plan

Monday, December 6, 2010

Week Two - Day One and the sun is out

And that means running outdoors! Yeah. Today was the first day running with a GPS on my arm. How cool is that! It takes the guess work out of how far I am going during practice runs. It was a great temperature: 43 degrees. Got the clothing right today. I picked the right shirt, pants, ear covers and I almost thought I misjudged by running with no gloves because my hands became cold quite quickly but it didn't take long and they warmed right up.

Miss Tinkerbell was my running companion today, and she was all fired up. Took a couple minutes for the GPS to find satellites and then we were off. All this time I thought to the bridge and back was under 3 miles, come to find out I've been telling everyone I haven't run further than a 5K when in fact a couple of weeks ago I actually ran 4 miles during my practice for The Human Race. Needless to say I was excited.

Stats for today, I will be brief because now I have lots of details for each mile... Ran 3 miles, 38:18 and then walked another .58 mile. Made today's marathon goal of run 20-35 minutes.



No comments: