Training Plan

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thursday Run

"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible." John Hanc

Running day two for the week. I really am excited to try my 6 miles on Saturday. But first I have to make it through a cold 3 mile run on a sNOWy winter morning. Right now it is
20° outside. I guess this is practice how to dress for race day. How nice. Maybe I will wear my new snow/ice attachments that I got for Christmas on my shoes. If you haven't noticed I am in the thinking stage of when I am going to run today. It is only 6:30am and I have the day off work so no hurry. Plus, Jan is going to go use his snow blower - he doesn't like me to walk on his snow before he does that.

Run time is over. Waited until 3pm - it got all the way up to
24.1°. And snowing. So fun. See top left corner of this post for more info. No one likes to be cold alone, so I got both Tink and Chip to go with me. They wore fur coats and fleece leashes. Slowly ran 3 miles (no speed record, but no falls either) on ice and snow and then a half mile walk home. Total time for run: 40:14; 1st Mile 12:57 2nd Mile 13:33 3rd Mile 13:44.

No comments: