Training Plan

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sweets not so sweet

Week one of training comes to a close. Slept in a little this morning but still wasn't light when I decided it was time to run so off to the gym. It didn't take too long on the treadmill before I was taking a little inventory on how I was doing. How are legs doing, fine. How is breathing doing, fine. How is stomach doing, not fine. I guess the power food I ate yesterday wasn't quite what I needed to fuel a workout. Those delicious cupcakes made by my niece Maddie and some chocolate trifle made by me were now taking a sugar revenge on my tummy. This is the first time I've had to fight my stomach to get my miles in. I sipped on some water and just kept going. I wanted to quit running, but instead decided to teach myself a lesson. Having a day off in the training schedule to s t r e t c h does not mean your stomach. I'm going to remember this.

Off the treadmill, with my bright red sweaty face, my 3 miles completed, a time of 36:45 - I headed to the dressing room bench and my recovery drink. Amazingly, my body was glad to have the drink and actually began to feel better. Good enough to do the little extra I had planned, the 1000 yard swim. The water was cool and relaxing and I made the swim in 34:30. I was pleased to make my 2000 yds this week for the USAT National Challenge, it puts me on track for the monthly shark goal of 8000 yds.

Time to get out the nutrition information I purchased from Debbie Perry and get on the success track as far as diet goes. I thought I could totally slip in a day of indulgence and get away with it. How wrong I was.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You amaze me everyday.