Training Plan

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Running Gear Essential: A Training Log

Read a great article early this morning about training logs in Rocky Mountain Running & Triathlon. Picked this little magazine up at my weekly visit with Stacy at Muscle Works. By the way, I noticed I have a cascade of bruises on the outside of my thighs. To help avoid so much future pain I ran (not literally) to Wasatch Running Center to buy a foam roller to stretch my muscles with. I am also going to put Prolytes in my water all the time. I do need any edge I can get.

So back to the training log article, and I quote Jose Jimenez, "While you certainly don't need a training log to hit the road and run, such information will provide motivation, insight, quiet suggestions for improvement, and a plan for your goal. It could be the separator between the recreational jogger and the dedicated runner. No gear junkie would ever turn away a product with those claims." And there we have it. I think I am a gear junkie. That is actually part of the motivation to run. Like today, I can hardly wait to get home and get that Garmin GPS on my wrist and take it out for a run. How is that for motivation!

As you can see I have already chosen to do my journal electronically, and I am still trying out several different actual training logs to find one I like. My blog with log is now where I can get to all my favorite sites.

So quoting Jose again, "Don't get to race week wondering if you have trained enough to meet your race goals. Get logging today!"

No comments: