Training Plan

Monday, December 20, 2010

Two Shelties + Running


Today was an afternoon run with the temperature at 34 degrees with a little wind. It was Chip's turn to run with me, but because I didn't want to leave Tinkerbell behind I decided to try running with both dogs. I put 2 leashes on my run belt on my right side and then hooked up Tink and Chip and off we went.

Since this week is my "rest" week where I decreased my training time I decided to see if I could run a little faster since I was only going 2 miles. First mile was fast for me: 8:44. My second mile I started getting a little stitch in my side so I slowed down a bit and finished in 10:54. Overall it was a nice run and I was pleased. Worked the stitch in my side thing out. Tinkerbell and Chip loved the faster pace and when I started walking after the two miles they were disappointed and kept looking at me like "come on 2 miles is for wimps, we're marathoners!" with the walk back home I had total miles of 2.58 and 29:29 for my time.

No comments: