Training Plan

Sunday, March 20, 2011

1 Day to Race Day in Moab

Today was a fun day in Moab. First thing on the agenda - SHOPPING! Yes I did find something I needed. AMAZING. Some chums for my glasses and some for my gloves. Also a pair of Canyonlands Half Marathon socks. Off to lunch at Subway. Safe food I know I can eat. Then more shopping.... Jan and I both got some TEVA shoes for 75% off. Marked 50% off but Jan made friends with the store owner and he sold them to us for $25 each. So all day I wore my new shoes and socks.
And how can I forget it was WaTeR WaTeR WaTeR today. After shopping we went a half hour early to wait in line for packet pickup. Actually we just sat near the door, I was the first one in! Guess I was a little eager to run. 


At Moab Recreation Center ready for packet pickup.
After packet pickup we enjoyed more shopping in the expo. Lots of Clif bars to taste plus some discounts on many items for runners. I bought some cute socks. I am going to use them for bike riding. 
Next on our list was Arches National Park. What a fun afternoon Jan and I had together. Here are a few pictures from the day.

At the Visitors Center.







1 comment:

Tink said...

Looks like you guys had some great sights to see.