Training Plan

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Run Training - Bring on the Sun

Day after the big Utah spring snow storm. Melting really quickly, it was 43 degrees when Tink and I set out for our run today. Took me a time to get out the door. First I forgot my watch. Then came back in for heart rate monitor. Then back in because I accidentally locked my Garmin and it was not set on running. So looked for and found the manual in my car and unlocked Garmin. Finally, Tink and I went out and Now it was difficult to get the satellite. I had to turn it off and then back on to get it to go. Tinkerbell was whining by then wondering why we just couldn't RUN.
I decided to make this run a speed run. So I tried to run fast, here are my stats: Mile1 10:00  Mile2 9:56 Mile3 9:45 - these add up to a personal record for 3 miles 29:41! Heart rate looked pretty good too. Then one more rest mile 12:43.
BTW at agility tonight Tink did really good, she was a lot quieter, and really listening. This happened last week too after her golden 4 mile run. Yeah Tinkerbell.  

2 comments:

Tink said...

You rocked this speed run. Yeah for Tinkerbell.

Liz said...

awesome job!