Training Plan

Monday, March 21, 2011

Run Today Ready Fast

Today I got ready for running pretty fast. Put one new shoe on and then remembered I needed the inserts out of the other pair. Not making that mistake again. Asked Jan to take a picture of me and Tink and off we went. As I started to run I remembered I forgot my ipod - oh well. And then I remembered I forgot my heart rate monitor. Sigh. Clearly if I get out the door fast I must have forgotten something. Today it was 42 degrees but it sure felt colder. And it was windy - a tough workout partner. This is a rest week and I did the run/walk. Scheduled for 30-45 minutes so I only needed to do 3 miles. Mile1 11:27  Mile2 10:58  Mile3 11:57.
After my run I headed to the Lifetime Fitness to do some swimming. Get to dressing room - forgot my swimsuit. Geeeezzz. I have the Ice Breaker Tri this Saturday. I need to swim. So, I swim in my running skirt and shirt. At least I remembered my goggles and swim cap. With the shirt and skirt I had some nice drag going on - kind of like wind in the pool. Hopefully I got all my forgetting done for this week. 33 minutes of swimming, 800 yards. I'm a little sore all over again but happy to be done.    

No comments: