Training Plan

Friday, March 25, 2011

New Girl In Town

Bruise within one hour. Ouch.
This morning I set out all my stuff for the triathlon. This afternoon I had to change out a couple of things as I checked the weather. It looks like the wet weather may hold off until the afternoon.
Today was my appointment at Muscle Works. Drove over Suncrest in the snow storm instead of taking the freeway. I got there early and changed into my shorts and I sat by the fire, got warm, and then took a little snooze in the overstuffed chair.
Once it was my turn I went and sat on the massage table and Stacey asked me if it was ok if Tori worked on me instead of her. I said ok. Well I wondered if she would be easier because it was the first time she worked on me but I was wrong. I had a new problem with my right calf she discovered and it hurt so bad when she worked on me. Oh my gosh did it hurt. I thought nothing could be worse than IT band. I was wrong again.
Well Tori has been well trained at the College of Massage Therapy, and she is also being well taught in the art of Muscle Works torture where they work to fix our sore bodies. I was very impressed with the work she did on me and I was helped a lot by the work she did on me. I am bruised - my badge of MW honor. Stacey took a minute to work on my left hand which was having shooting pains today. I left with a good kind of sore going on in my body.
After the massage I headed over to Power-Tri to pick up my race number & bag. Since I was way early I just got my number and race map and I'll get my swag bag in the morning. While I was there Danielle spotted me and we visited. I also asked about the changing area they planned for those of us who don't want to bike and ride wet. The race director said she came up with the idea while sitting in the hot tub.
Tonight I finished getting all my stuff together for the triathlon. Bagged up my bike stuff to use in the changing booth. I am excited about having fun at the race tomorrow. I hope I didn't forget anything. Wish me luck.

No comments: