Training Plan

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Training Week Begins

Marsha & Mikele
Today was a beautiful day to run on the Jordan River Parkway - a little windy but not too bad. 55 degrees outside, shorts and short sleeve weather. Had a running partner today, Mikele McGregor. Mikele lives next door and she helps me out by cleaning my house a couple of hours after school once a week. Mikele has never run more than 5K. Today she will be running with me 4 miles and we are going my speed, using the Galloway run walk so I am confident she will be able to run it. Mikele works out a lot at LifeTime Fitness but she has been avoiding running. Stair-stepping at the gym is actually one of her favorite ways to exercise.
We both had tunes and it was nice for me to have company. By completing the run today Mikele achieved a personal record of running 4 miles. Way to go girl!
Here are the run stats: Mile1: 11:49 Mile2 12:18 Mile3 11:58 Mile4 11:00 and a .22 cool down walk home. Marathon Week 18 has begun. Funny, I just noticed week 18 and this Saturday I have to run 18 miles for the first time ever. My marathon day is approaching fast.

No comments: