Training Plan

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beat the Snow

Cyndie texted me yesterday "What would you think of getting the 8-10 miles done tonight?" Sounded good to me. That would leave today free for biking. So we went! And now this morning SNOW. I am sooooo ready to dispose of winter. Facebook friends saying mother nature is bi-polar. Hopefully she will take her meds and get spring going immediately.
Today's bike ride is a bust. Even if we didn't slip and fall in this muck it would be a bummer to clean our clothes and bike after a messy ride. Better to wait. We were going to go on a group ride with Infinite Cycles. Luckily they will have other rides.
About the run....afternoon long runs always throw me a bit. I do many afternoon runs for time, but the long runs are usually in the morning. I did have a performance enhancement from Stacey at Muscle Works right before the run. And that actually wasn't too bad cause the old legs weren't in too bad of shape. The run went pretty good. I always run faster with Cyndie. It took a long time to warm up to wanna run. Like 5 miles. It was about 39 degrees so putting on my bike jacket didn't work out and I took it off after the first mile. I knew better, I just thought that it was going to rain. Ended up we had no rain and we even got some sunshine -it felt warm - a little wind too. Cyndie said we had a nice tempo run. Long runs are supposed to be slower. So here are our 10 mile stats: Mile1 11:14 Mile2 12:06 Mile3 11:42 Mile4 12:20 Mile5 12:37 Mile6 12:15 Mile7 11:51 Mile8 12:11 Mile9 12:17 Mile10 11:59. Total run time was GREAT - 2 Hours 38 Seconds! Average pace was just over a 12 minute mile.

1 comment:

Tink said...

I'm so glad we got out yesterday for our run. This Utah weather is crazy.