Training Plan

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday Bike Ride Turned Adventure!

Another 1st - Camera in timer mode.
30 miles PR. My farthest maybe ever on any bike, Goldilocks last year I did 25 miles on my Raleigh comfort bike. And Cyndie's farthest on her new bike. Her legs are way strong and she is a very good bike rider. She has a lot of riding experience with her mountain bike and knows how to pedal efficiently and about foot position and how it can help you to use different muscles in your legs. You can give some a rest! When she buys shoes and clips she will be riding circles around me.
I learned a lot of other things from riding with her today. She reminds us about down-shifting before a stop so that on take-off we won't be pedaling hard. Also, if I keep my eyes further ahead on the road instead of right in front of me looking for a object not to run over I don't wobble and look like a snake going down the highway. If I forget how to shift my bike she can fix that too. I might just rent her out, give me a call for pricing.
With my disappointment post we already know what went wrong. What went right, well riding with Cyndie. Riding by Robyn's house and showing Cyndie where I go to agility class. Knowing that we CAN ride UP Redwood Road to Camp Williams. Cyndie finding the Jordan River Parkway after we left the group & someone in their yard telling us where we could get on it. Riding the JRP and seeing Eagle bones with a feather attached. Seeing a large group on horses. Racing a little boy on his bike, competitive little pot! Seeing a llama. Meeting a guy with those barefoot running shoes - yes his feet were hurting. Finding a park at the end of the trail with a restroom. Negotiating our way EASILY through Lehi like we had a route map with us. We were blessed to each have been on parts of our route before and recognizing where we were. Finding out we were strong enough to Ride UP the frontage road hill by I-15 and point of the mountain. Round-a-bout all to ourselves. Getting home SAFELY.


One critical point. For Goldilocks, as much as I want to ride the 40, in REST preparation for the marathon, 20 will be what I need to ride.


Stats: 30 miles
Fastest mile: 3:07
Slowest mile: 11:56
Biggest climb: 4461 ft to 4864 ft
Steepest climb: 4544 ft to 4779 ft


Shift problem solved at Infinite Cycle. For my Cannondale with the compact & sram, push the shifter hard until it moves gears. Then to return to small ring tap twice and it goes down.





1 comment:

Tink said...

I'm with you 20 is best a week before a marathon. We did have a nice ride. I think we would have gone were we could have enjoyed each others company if we did it ourselves. It was good to learn how to ride with the traffic.