Training Plan

Friday, April 22, 2011

LIZ - Marathon Maniac

Since I am relatively new to sport of running there are lots of new acronyms and some running lingo to learn so I can understand "runner language." One of the new words is Marathon Maniac. To explain what this is I will tell you about my friend Liz who is going to run with me in the Ogden Marathon.
Liz belongs to a group of runners known as Marathon Maniacs (MM). In order to join a runner has to "qualify." Similar to when I blogged about  how I would soon "qualify" for the Half Fanatics. There are several "levels" of craziness (my word). They start at Bronze (1 Star) then move to Silver (2 Stars), Gold (3 Stars), Iridium, Ruthenium, Osium, Palladium, Platinum, etc.
To start off the year, with what Liz is signed up for she will have completed the criteria needed by a new runner to be able to join at the Bronze Level with 3 Marathons within a 90 day time frame. (She is already at this level from a previous year.)


BRONZE LEVEL
1. 2 Marathons within a 16 day time frame.
2. 3 Marathons within a 90 day time frame.


Liz with her mom, 2009 Ogden Marathon.
So here is the schedule so far. Liz starts off running with me in the Ogden Marathon May 21. Then she flies in to Seattle, Washington for the Rock & Roll Marathon on June 25. After that she finishes by running over the Golden Gate Bridge in The San Francisco Marathon on July 31. If she signs up for 3 more marathons in the next 3 consecutive months she could move to Silver and 2 Stars. Wow.
And what about what you need to do during the race to qualify for this marathon crazy group, well here is the criteria:


To be a Marathon Maniac times are not an issue, just that you finish your races. Also that you are having fun! After all, isn't that why we do this?

I think this is amazing. I won't go as far as to say no way for me. I never know what crazy thing I'll try next. But so far I am pretty booked up with Half Marathon's to be an MM this year.
Liz, Franz, Liz's mom, 2010.

2010 Ogden Marathon Finisher

GO LIZ!

3 comments:

Tink said...

OMG this makes me want to do it even more.

Marsha said...

Ha Ha. I can't tell if you are serious or just kidding. My legs are thinking oh please no she must be joking.

Liz said...

If I can do it you both can do it!