Training Plan

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Got Gu?

Spencer
Last night by the time we got done with our quest to help our friends find a Sheltie to love when we got to Wasatch Running a little after 8 to buy GU they were closed. But Ale & Larry bought this beautiful Sheltie boy Spencer from Doug & Pam so it was all worth it.
Meanwhile that meant a trip today in preparation for my Saturday long run. And  instead of driving back to the running store I decided to hop on my bike and head to Infinite Cycles. I wimped out and didn't take the big hills out of our track, but I'm trying not to stress my legs before the long run Saturday. Yes, it will be another personal record for me. 20 miles. Now you know why they call it long run.
What use to be a grueling ride up 12600 South is now an easy ride. Did I mention I love my Cannondale bike? Now that I understand the shifting - thanks Evan - I am able to practice to see how the gears work for me on different grades. I am hoping practice will make me a more natural shifter.
Once I got to Infinite Cycles, parked bike and took off coat and helmet. Found the GU I needed and made my purchase. While there I met Dani, one of the organizers for Goldilocks. Cyndie, Dani went on the Infinite Cycles Saturday ride in the snow - yes her bike was dirty! She was bringing it in for a tune-up. She also spent a few minutes telling me about her experiences mapping the course for the Idaho Goldilocks. Miles and miles of flat roads except for this one hill by a mesa - she said it was so steep that it looked like you would flip over backwards if you tried to ride up it. After lots and lots of driving and exploring all the identical roads going up it she finally found a way around it. Goldilocks Idaho - maybe next year since we are doing Women Rock Triathlon that day.
My ride home was mostly downhill. I went a different way, I love to cruise around. Ran into some construction but on the bike I was able to get around easily. So stats for the ride 13.1 miles, 1:12:32.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Spencer is a good looking dog. Nice ride. I'm glad we didn't go Saturday, I don't want my cute bike dirty. lol