Training Plan

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bike Ride with Cyndie


Today I wanted to go for a nice ride along the Jordan River in Utah County. I did research and found the trail head that I thought we could start at. Then it looked so easy to find that I didn't bring the directions. Turn left at the cemetery before Camp Williams. Well, I saw the "memorial park" but drove right on by. After we finally decided that I had gone too far, Cyndie suggested we could just ride the Goldilocks route and practice that. Well I said then we'd have to ride hills. HA! Guess what my little route was by the river, HILLS!  Geez no one should let me pick a route.

We had fun riding the route anyway. I was quite nervous on the downhills and I thought to myself how the heck are we going to get back up!!! But we had a nice up and down ride, saw a few runners and others riding bikes. Went to check out access from Thanksgiving Point and possibilities for my running my extra miles on race day along the river. Of course we came to another closed section of trail - very frustrating - this one for a bridge going in. It would be nice if there was a website you could go to and reference the trail to see if it is closed. Sigh.
Getting back up the hills were not the problem I thought they would be. My shifting lesson with Evan Matheson paid off. My great Cannondale bike is awesome. So even hills turned out ok. Back to the route drawing board. I have a greater respect for those who make up routes for races and then have to change them at the last minute because of construction. All looks find on the internet until you go out and drive it and find it torn up and impassable.
Stats for our chatting bike ride: 8.57 miles 1:02:21.

No comments: