Training Plan

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The 26.2 Mile Inspiration List

A marathon suggestion from my Shark friend Cindi Glenn:
"Just a thought, something to do...I assign a person to each one of my 26 miles that have inspired me. I think of them as I run their mile. It helps me."

Ok Cindi, here I go, hopefully I will not become dehydrated during the marathon from shedding tears.

Here are my 26+ inspiring friends and family to help with my mental race success, mile by mile by mile, and a few of the reasons why I admire or am inspired by them. Most of these things I've never told these people, and some I will not have a chance to in this life. In no specific order, some are by their favorite numbers, birth dates, anniversary, or color or just because.... love to all.

1. Lesia > Admire long fight against MS. She never gives up, explores every avenue and option to help herself. Attitude always bounces back to positive. Lesia goes after life. Makes lemonade from lemons. Creative. Not afraid to ask for help. Conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Passionate. Go Utes! 
  
2. Grandma Colvin & Grandma Gathe > Unconditional love. My grandma's were patient, fun to be with, kind. Played. Independent. Examples of wholesome living.

3. Kameron, Ammon, & Karlie > Kameron - Biking ability, college education, good employee, works hard, cartoonist, quiet independence. Ammon - Graduating high school, joining the United States Army, temple marriage, hard worker for his family, great dad. Karlie - Exchange student to Germany, serving a full-time mission, temple marriage, BYU graduate.

4. Alicia > Loving - reaching out to everyone, digging in and graduating from high school, homeschooling, becoming a doula, pursuing her dream of a nurse-midwife and getting an apprenticeship. Going to the temple, being a great mother and wife, college classes, and pursuing better health and weight loss. Makes life work. A best friend. Truly cares.

5. Ginger & Pam > Always admired their athletic ability, unconditional friendship, going to college after having a family and earning degrees, wonderful loving mothers and grandmothers.

6. Christa > Awesome agility accomplishments with Sadie and Charlie, driving us all over the western US, getting all my stuff in the car, learning to handle Annie a very FAST dog, for filing her intent to be on the agility world team in 2012 and a special friend.

7. Retta > A forever friend, so creative, so generous. She always feeds people temporally and spiritually. Very talented in the art of listening. And also of hearing what is not said. Beautiful jewelry designer. The amazing idea woman. Very crafty. She overcomes each adversity she is faced with. Her laugh warms me, comforts me. A dedicated loving and caring mother and grandmother.

8. Grandchildren > Mile 8 is for my 8 grandchildren, I love you all. Aspen, Violet, Emma, Genni, Marley, Cami, Bryson, Zeke.

9. Mark > Being a loving son, graduating from seminary for me, exceptional dog whisperer skills, joining the United States Coast Guard, amazing accomplishments in the gym and Lindy dance floor. Financial smarts, jumping out of an airplane, graduating from AMT school.

10. Jordan River Temple Friends > New to my life are the wonderful sisters I have made friends with at the temple. I draw strength from their faith, testimonies, smiles and friendship. Admire their devotion to Jesus Christ.

11. Agility Friends > More than I can list here, this mile will be for all you who I spent many hours training with, traveling with, competing with, working with, having fun with, crying with and celebrating with.

12. Desert Sharks > Amazing athletes who are out to have fun and challenge themselves- they make me want to be like them - normal people accomplishing extraordinary things. They love and support each other, teach and friendship newbie people.

13. Lorelei & Jerrie > I recently reconnected with both. It was like we were never apart. Lorelei > We click, we always did. Love of family, devotion and love for her sister. Caring. Genuine. A most infectious beautiful laugh. Jerrie > Breadmaking. Becoming a nurse. Studying and teaching Dahn Yoga. Healing herself. Giving back. Inner peace rolls off her and touches you.

14. Mom Mestas > Being one of my forever friends, an amazing mother-in-law and mother-in-love, a thoughtful grandmother, love and concern for family. Wonderful to talk to. Beautiful cross-stitching.

15. Mony > Her knowledge of genealogy, the amazing books she's produced, her beautiful artwork in books. Editing, writing and English skills. Her happy attitude, her energy, love of family. Her long walking stride.

16. Jeanmarie > For choosing life, believing in herself and doing what it takes to loose over 200 lbs. How can I not be awestruck at the determination and intense commitment it takes to do that.

17. Jan > Loving me for almost 40 years, sharing the gospel with me, baptizing me, being a great husband, father, and son. Serving in the temple, supporting me through ALL my hobbies. Patient. Generous. Kind. Pursuing music, choir director and chorister. Teaching guitar, taking care of parents, loving my kids, loving our dogs.

18. Colleen Anderson > Her valiant fight of breast cancer, her beautiful daughters - they are a testament about how she lived her life and what kind of mother she was. Her delicious Thanksgiving dinners. Cauliflower. Generous personality, her love for life and family, just for being Colleen, she was amazing.

19. Mom & Dad Monson> For loving me like a daughter, loving my children, for their love of the gospel, thoughtfulness, for raising such a wonderful son for me to love.

20. Neal > Such a fun son and blankie boy, graduating seminary, serving a mission to Germany, being a great dad and Mr. Mom, going to college and now working towards a 4 year degree and nursing school. Telling me I could do a triathlon, getting back in shape, a talented salesman, Scout Master, and climbing Mt. Whitney.

21. Paula > Her energy! Cake decorating, cooking & catering, sewing and costume design. Amazing party planner. She gets it done - fast. Genealogy accomplishments. High school stage manager, wonderful mom and grandmother, compassionate. Close family. Talented.   

22. My two Cindys > Shark Cindi - Her Ironman accomplishment! I just love reading her narative of the day she became an Ironman. Her story inspired me to try something hard - this marathon. I began to believe the seemingly impossible could be possible - she told me I could do it. Her belief started me on my path. Tinker Cyndie > Her trust and willingness to be my friend. Her strength inspires me. Her finish line push. She taught me to enjoy all of the small successes and PR's met along my journey to 26.2. She has gone the "extra mile" and helped me get to an easy 10. She is funny. Always early. Awesome coach.  

23. Dad > Love of America, the flag. Service in United States Navy Seabees. Supported me in my religious choices, temple marriage, everything I cared to do. Helped with family history, obedience trial equipment and attendance at my events. Excellence in business. Way he loved people. Friendships. His deep love of family and friends. Honesty. Just a great dad.

24. Nancy > Being the Best sister, a breast cancer survivor, patience in dog training. NATCH & V-NATCH agility achievements, supports me in everything I do, hard worker, agility teacher, gives time to NorCal Sheltie Rescue and adopts rescued Shelties.

25. Nick > Always doing his best for me, his unconditional love and his desire to be with me and do whatever I wanted to do - in sickness and in health, best friend, he was agility to me.

26. Mom > Supported everything I did. A best friend, she was funny and fun to be with. Wonderful, wonderful mother. Admired her talent for building doll houses and being organized. Always ready to go. Her computer abilities, internet abilities and especially her independence. Her driving. Her inventions. Her courage.  

.2 Me > I am known to pick a goal and accomplish it even if it takes me years. I don't lose sight; I just do what it takes to accomplish what I set out to do. 

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I can think of no higher honor. You will be in my heart. Run Marsha, run!

Tink said...

It is an honor to make the list. You are so strong you will kick 26.2's butt.

Alicia said...

Wow Mom, a beautiful tribute and I am honored to be included. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You're an impressive lady, Marsha. Thank you for sending me your list and for including NorCal Sheltie Rescue's link in your sister, Nancy's, accolade. You go girl!

Gale Ann

Karlie said...

Mom you are awesome! Just reading about all 26.2 people was an incredible inspiration. I hope you know that you are more than just .2 to me. You are wonderful in more ways than you know. Reading your list makes me want to make a list of my own. I love you! Karlie