Training Plan

Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 23 Long Run

It's always nice to have a run-free weekend. Leaves the weekend open for family and for something else... like bike riding!! This morning the I Heart Boobies girls got together for a 10 mile fun-run on the Jordan River Parkway. Having more fun than girls should early on a Friday morning was Cyndie, Liz, Kami, Suzette and me. Suzette is just getting back into running so we ran out and back with her to begin with. Then we headed down the trail toward South Jordan. What a beautiful morning. Maybe, just maybe we can get spring to hold.

One of my all time favorite movies is Overboard, with Goldie Haun and Kurt Russell. Your asking what??? How did we get on this? One of my favorite lines in the movie, "I think I ate a bug." And well, those little knats where out in force today along the Jordan River. EveryWhere!! So unknowingly I got one in my throat. I start coughing and Liz asks if I swallowed a bug. NO!!! I just have a tickle. I keep coughing because my throat is bothered. Soon, out comes a BUG! Yuck! I was wishing for a mouth and nose mask after that.

Cyndie is our pace setter. She was very sick with an upper respiratory cold today so she gave us a slower pace. I think we were all relieved, but we wished she felt better. Here are the stats for the 10 miles: Mile1 12:55 Mile2 14:12 Mile3 14:18 Mile 4 13:53 Mile5 13:52 Mile6 14:04 Mile7 14:15 Mile8 13:19 Mile9 13:31 Mile10 13:09.

Let's run again girls!

No comments: