Training Plan

Friday, May 13, 2011

Last Long Run Before 26.2 - Friday the 13th

Today Cyndie, Liz and I met at the Dr. Roi Hardy Park along the Jordan River for the last "long run" before our marathon (and Cyndie's half). A beautiful clear sky, nice temperature, and lots and lots and lots (it was really a lot) of pesky gnats flying right on the trail. It's like they hover right over the trail. Very annoying. Of course I had to get one in my mouth, again. Spit it out. At least no coughing fit.

Pelican in South Jordan
Out on the trail in South Jordan there is a small fishing pond where we saw this cute pelican. We always see geese (they make a big mess on the trail) but we saw this pelican last week too.
Since we are on the "taper down" the run today was only 5 miles. When I get tired and ready to quit after 5 I think YIKES! next week is 26.2. My legs should be ready according to run schedule and books I've read so I won't let it worry me. Cyndie got a burst of energy as we got nearer to the parking lot and she skipped the walk break and went for the car! No catching her.
Here are the miles for the run: Mile1 12:21 Mile2 12:39 Mile3 12:59 Mile4 13:10 Mile5 12:21. Little over an hour 5 down. Meeting on a Friday morning sure works nice for getting run done before the weekend. 
Liz's long arm takes good pictures!



No comments: