Training Plan

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Night Run With Alicia

Practice for Ragnar anyone? It is hot in Arizona. 99 Degrees. So for me running during the day is not an option. Alicia and I drove to a park near her house, there is a fishing lake there with sidewalks. Because of the heat people come out at night to the brightly lit park to fish, walk, play and R U N.
Alicia has been doing the run walk, her longest run: 5 miles. Tonight I wanted to see how she has been doing with my over the internet coaching and how I can help her. We decided to walk 2 run 1 to begin with. She has been busy delivering babies and so we wanted to start easy. Right off I realized that Alicia has been walking too F A S T on her walk breaks and not getting any rest. She was walking her normal speed - which is very fast. So first thing, we slowed down on the walk. It was hard for her but right away she said it was really helping her with endurance. 
Because of her broken ankle she is having a difficult time with pain and with part of her foot going to sleep soon after she starts running. I am thinking..... maybe some different shoelaces. This slower walk helped a bit with the numbness. Fun times with my daughter. She is awesome.


Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:36:282.1117:18
100:16:541.0016:54
200:17:211.0017:21

1 comment:

Tink said...

She will do great. I'm sure you will both have a great time together.