Training Plan

Saturday, January 29, 2011

10 Mile Morning

I did it! Yeah a new personal record. 10 MILES. And as a second personal record, a total of 18 miles run for the week. Very cool. I went with Marathon Cyndie and met quite a few of her running girlfriends. A very nice group. I was able to meet her friend Liz she has been telling me about who is also entered in the Ogden Marathon.

A red burn day, we couldn't stand the thought of circling the Olympic Oval for 10 miles. We all met at a favorite running / walking spot in the valley, the Jordan River Parkway trail at 6400 South. In our group we had 3 different distances the runners were doing- 3 mile, 7 mile & 10 mile. Cyndie and I were the 10.

It was a crisp cool morning and the run went well for me. I easily got the hang of the Galloway method of taking walk breaks. It had a good rhythm and feel to it. For fuel I used a peanut butter & banana Bonk Breaker bar about 15 minutes before the run. During the run I had 2 of my favorite Cran-Razz Shot Bloks and water with Prolytes in it. I was wearing one Everlast Innergy "Energy Plus" disk. I also had rubbed in Myomed on my legs prior to getting dressed. After the run I drank a mixture of HEED and Whey protein.

Here are my stats (there are 10 of them!) Mile1-13:04 Mile2-13:12 Mile3-13:29 Mile4-13:19 Mile5-13:29 Mile6-13:25 Mile7-13:25 Mile8-14:05 (Bathroom break :-) Mile9-12:37 Mile10-12:12

No comments: