Training Plan

Monday, January 3, 2011

Off Course for the day - a CoLd

Well I got a cold. And I am all plugged up so I decided to skip running or cross-training today and switch my 2 mid-week run days to Tue-Thurs. So I miss a cross-training day but not the all important run day. Remember my saying, but it doesn't matter, I am still on track with the miles.
I did get something accomplished health wise today, I went to Muscle Works and Stacey worked on my neck for a half hour because it was out and has been for awhile. Then I drove to Dr. Hall's office, they put me on the roller massage table and pasted the electrodes on my neck. Then I had a nap. I hope I didn't snore. After that Doc still wasn't ready for me so I sat in the massage chair. And had more neck, back and even some calf rubbing. Finally it was my turn. Theron rubbed on my neck a while and then gave it the adjustment it needed. He always has to trick me into relaxing but so happy it is done.
My Triathlon Life magazine came today. It is dedicated to beginners this month so I am excited to read it. It has a really cool quote from Hunter Kemper, an olympian:
"When you go through those valleys and rough times, when you come through them and come out on the other side and get to realize your goal and finish the race, it's so much more fulfilling and more rewarding...Realize that everyone has setbacks. We define ourselves not necessarily through what we accomplish but how we react and how we overcome adversity."

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Sorry your feeling yucky. We are yucky here too! Almost had to take Marley to the emergency room last night. Feel better soon cute Mama.