Training Plan

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Long Run 8 Miles

Well today was a first for me, I ran 8 miles at the Olympic Oval with my friend Cyndie. Red burn day forced us indoors, they charge $1 to use the track on red days. There were less people there today compared to last week, I think because they were having a speed skating competition so it looked like the ice was closed for the race.
Today Cyndie and I made several stops to stay hydrated and also fueled. Even with all the stopping at our "aid station" I still finished the 8.1 miles in 1:50. It was a lot better but I was still lacking some energy so I am going to need to be more careful on what "fuel" I choose to eat the day before, and well just in general. Crap in = crap out. I don't think breakfast was the problem, 2 poached eggs and wheat toast with butter. Water & water with Prolytes. Daily vitamins. Today I brought along some Clif Shot Bloks in my favorite flavor Cran-Razz and I ate those. They stick to the teeth but I've figured out how to eat them and it works for me.
First time ever in my life to run 8 miles! Another personal marathon goal met. The miles are adding up, this week was 14 miles total.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You are the coolest Mom ever.