Training Plan

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Marathon Week 9!

Wow, training Week 9 is here already. I missed yesterdays cross-training, just got tired and lazy. Busy doing normal life stuff. Today after work I had a visit with Stacey at Muscle Works. After she worked my legs over she did a bit of massage on my neck and then booted me out the door to do my 4 mile run for today. Well, not really - about the booting I mean - but I actually had to run 4 miles when I got home.
Nice day, 36 degrees, snow on the ground but the trail had been cleared by some nice person. Dressed for the temperature and headed out with Tinkerbell. Didn't meet anyone running today, just one lone walker. Lots of geese out in the Jordan River Parkway, their poop all over the trail where they were hanging out. Its like a poop poop dance to try not to step in it.
Tried to run each mile faster than the previous mile. It is kind of hard to determine the speed of mile 3 because after mile 2 I stopped to drink a bottle of water. I was also walking and going to eat some strawberry Gu Chomps. They were almost impossible to get out of the package because I forgot to cut it open before I left. Turned out ok though, I did not like them and so one was enough for me. Not liking something strawberry flavored - strange for me. I am going to stick with my Clif Shot Bloks in my favorite flavor of Cran-Razz. No more trying anything else.
My run stats: Mile 1 - 12:45 & Mile 2 - 11:58 & Mile 3 - 13:24 & Mile 4 - 11:22 with a .22 mile walk home. See I was able to improve my speed. Chalk up another run, another goal met. Way to go Marsha!

No comments: