Training Plan

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lessons from 5K Today


1. I used my heart rate monitor for the first time. Snugness was good and it worked great. Leave set as is.
2. Putting a hand warmer down my pants on each butt cheek was great. Just that little bit of warmth in the area that so far never warms was great.
3. Double gloves worked. Green ones under black. Fingers stay cold until about 1.3 miles, get nice by 1.5 miles. Takes a little longer for the palms but forgot to mark just when they were warm.
4. Wore the new fanny pack in the front today with my phone and shot blocks. I can't be sure, but I think the way I had it on caused the two chafe marks on my tummy that are very sore. I need to be more careful how I put things on when I run.
5. Shot blocks worked great for my second 3 mile run. I didn't really feel like an energy boost but I did have the strength to keep going.
6. If you take kleenex in your pocket take it out before you wash your running clothes.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Butt cheek warmers...lol,hehehehe wet kleenex. Your cute. Hope your tummy owies are feeling better.
Love you.