Training Plan

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cool California Morning

Brought a variety of clothes for my run in Elk Grove, CA because I was’t sure what the weather would be like. Rain was predicted. Ended up wearing light weight pants and Human Race tech shirt for the crisp morning air. No heavy rain for the run, just a few sprinkles at the end, yeah!
I always wish for sun and warmth when I go to CA and AZ in the winter but I rarely get weather warm enough to brag about when I get back home. And this time on the way to California I got wAy more snow that I am used to in Utah, like I walked out to my car after staying the night in Lake Tahoe due to the freeway shutting down from accidents, to be hip deep in snow and wonder how the heck are we going to get the car out. We have an ice scraper. We had to dig to even open a door. The night before I thought how dumb of those that drove all the way back to Reno to spend the night....until I saw my van and wished I had too. lol.
This was a special run for me because I got to go with my oldest son Neal. I was happy he was willing to run at my pace and try the run / walk. He hasn’t run over 5 miles before at his pace - 9 to 9 1/2 minutes. While running at the slower pace we were able to have a nice 6 mile talk. Which was so nice, and especially cherished when he lives so far away and he doesn’t like to talk in the morning. lol. That was cartoon time, no time for talking!
So Neal set a PR for distance, 6 miles. In his mind I don’t know if he will count it because he didn’t technically “run” and it was s  l  o  w ......but 6 is 6. Next time I see him at the end of May, in Arizona this time, it will be the weekend after the marathon and he will be off the hook for running slow with mom. Unless, will I be running again by then?
Well, I remembered to put on my HR monitor Cyndie, and here is my proof that I did my e A S y training for rest week. I struggled a little with Garmin, thought I forgot to turn it on but I had so you get the picture. Then this is my first time using Gymboss on my own so I forgot how to turn it on, then I got into setup, well you probably get the picture on that as well. Finally all electronics working and I could run. lol. Did mess up and get off once, think I didn’t hear the beep (ipod in both ears, took one out) once, then I walked once when I heard a Garmin mile beep. But overall, nothing went dead, not even me.

Mile1 13:22 Mile2 13:04  Mile3 13:50 Mile4 13:50 Mile5 13:56 Mile6 14:06

No comments: