Training Plan

Monday, February 21, 2011

Race Week

This week I will be running my first half marathon, 13.1 miles. I am very excited. I have prepared and know I am ready. This will be a person record for me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and be nice. Let me define nice, no rain or snow or high winds. Should I include floods? part of the course was washed away by floods, not sure if the repairs will be finished in time for the race. Well anyway, I would like to wear my cute new running skirt if the weather is nice. Some part of me needs to look good as I set this new personal record because when I finish I will be sweaty with a red face. 
I have several appointments planned in preparation for race day. Monday I go to see Jen at Zenergy Bodywork & Massage to get a nice massage. Then Thursday I will be going to see Stacey at Muscle Works to get the quick-twitch performance enhancement for my legs. After that I will be heading to Dr. Hall to get adjusted.
Other things to do this week for race prep is put the two passenger seats back in the van, replenish my water supply, get my other two run days and two cross-train days done, EAT RIGHT, GET LOTS OF REST.... yes I am shouting at myself. Hopefully I will listen.
Thanks to Cyndie I won’t be running my first half marathon alone. A couple of weeks ago she decided to enter and come run with me. Then last Saturday she called and said that Liz and Stella are entering the Dogtown Half Marathon too and want to ride down with us so we can run together. It’s a half marathon party! How fun is that. All this running can be lonely sometimes, and I am happy to be running with new friends. Also, Liz and I were on different running schedules so she is switching to mine so that we will have our long runs on the same days. How nice is that. I am very blessed.

2 comments:

Tink said...

We are going to have so much fun.

Marsha said...

We are! I gotta watch how excited I get tho so I can SLEEP!