Training Plan

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Run Day Today

Yesterday I went to visit Jen, she is a massage therapist and a runner. She did some work on my muscles massaging to make them long. Spent some time on my feet and suggested I keep using a tennis ball at work to roll around under my feet. She showed me some excellent calf stretches which I am going to enjoy. She also encouraged me to drink lots of water this week in preparation for the race and told me to eat good, protein & carbs, no red meat the night before like I did before my 12 miles. I just thought high protein, a nice filet mignon for fuel to run with. Well red meat is harder to digest. Oh well. Food reward myself after the run if I need to.

Was just sitting here reading my last two fortune cookie fortunes:
"Use all your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal. You will succeed."
"All your hard work will soon pay off."

Run Stats: Mile1: 12:00  Mile2: 12:14  Mile3: 12:22  Mile4: 12:19  The really funny flat area that you will notice if you go out to look at my heart rate, well my running partner, she had to go and could not wait so we stopped.

No comments: